JONES BOYS – A LEGEND IN OUR OWN TIME
It all began in 1951. Fred and Ethel Jones purchased the north end of the Kaslo Bay and started Kaslo Marine Service. There were three existing cabins on the hill and three almost completed units on the waterfront. A conglomeration of docks including the old Argents Steamer wharf allowed for tie up of several boats including Fred's fleet of twenty Walton rowboats, which he rented with oars and small outboards. Fred, his father Harry Sr. and brother Harry Jr. built a workshop on pilings over the water to live in while they got the business rolling and a built their home. Fred and Ethel's sons;Terry, Rick and Lex, were taught boat building and mechanics at an early age and were involved in the business day and night.
In 1962 the Jones' brought the first Starcraft Aluminum Boats into Western Canada. Starcraft sold as fast as the Jones' could get them. By 1975, over a hundred a year were being delivered out of Kaslo Marine Services!
Jones Boys Have Been Dealers of the Following since:
Harbercraft / Kingfisher
In 1975 Fred and Ethel relocated to the Okanagan Valley, leaving their interests to their sons Terry, Rick and Lex. The boys changed the name to Jones Boys Marine Ltd. Twenty years later they relocated to Woodbury Creek and soon after it became known as Jones Boys Boats.
In 1999 Lex took over and currently operates the business along with his wife Gail, son Chad (service manager) and daughter Casey (sales assistant and marketing), backed by their team of over fifteen employees.
Customers have traveled thousands of miles and spent many years dealing with The Jones Boys. We have been working with our customers and will continue to serve their marine and recreation needs for many years to come!